Status: Approved by the Council 14 March 2012
To clarify the incentives the Council will provide to promote the development of stock underpasses.
As an incentive to provide stock underpasses the Council will meet the costs of:
- Preparing sites plan and specifications.
- Reinstatement of the carriageway surface (excluding basecourse but including sealing).
- Granting the lease and registering a Memorandum of Encumbrance against the applicant’s titles.
- Inspection of the underpass structure and side protection as part of its regime of bridge, large culverts and stock underpasses every two years (general) and every six years (structural).
- Maintaining the road and sight/guard rails across the underpass.
This policy is to be read in conjunction with the following Council provisions:
- New Plymouth District Council Bylaw 2008, Part 10 Stock Control.
- General and Technical Conditions for Stock Underpasses which covers the application, consent and installation processes for stock underpasses.
The policy holder is the Roading Assets Team within the Community Assets Group.
This policy shall be reviewed three yearly from the date the policy is adopted.
Next review 2015.