Status: Approved by the Council on 15 December 2009
New Plymouth District Council in partnership with New Plymouth Police, Taranaki District Health Board, Ministry of Social Development and the Accident Compensation Corporation.
Working together to achieve:
Our vision of a safe, healthy, vibrant community and quality living environment through the responsible use of alcohol and by minimising alcohol related harm in New Plymouth District.
The New Plymouth District Alcohol Strategy aims to minimise alcohol related harms for individuals, families and communities and to promote safer alcohol‐related environments within New Plymouth District.
This is achieved through the following objectives:
- To provide leadership to reduce alcohol related harms.
- To ensure the legal and responsible supply of alcohol.
- To promote safer environments where alcohol is present.
- To minimise alcohol related harms by encouraging responsible use of alcohol.
- To develop, enhance and sustain a whole of community approach to reducing alcohol related harms.