07 January 2017
In the interests of public safety and after community consultation, it is proposed that at an ordinary meeting of the New Plymouth District Council on 18 February 2017, the following revised speed
limits will be adopted as follows:
- Create a 40km/h variable speed limit on Tukapa Street from No. 190 to No. 226 Tukapa Street.
- Create a 40km/h variable speed limit on Omata Road from No. 16 Omata Road to the Tukapa Street intersection.
This 40km/hr variable speed limit will be in force on all school days:
- At the start for the day between 8.15am and 9.00am
- At the end of the day between 3.00pm and 3.30pm.
- At other times, not exceeding 10 minutes, when no less than 50 students need to cross the road.