01 September 2016
Delivery of the next year-lot of rubbish bags to residential properties will begin on Monday (5 September).
Manager Water and Wastes Mark Hall says the bag delivery will begin in Urenui and take nearly three weeks to cover all the residential properties in the district that are charged for the kerbside rubbish service.
“It will take time to deliver the tens of thousands of bags to each property so please be patient,” he says.
“All of the bags will be delivered by 22 September.”
Mr Hall says the first few thousand bags will still have the wrong Council phone number on them as these are what remain from last year’s order.
“However we’ve triple-checked the printing of the new order of bags and they do have the correct contact number for the Council.”
Rubbish bag delivery 2016
- All residential properties that are charged for a kerbside rubbish service will receive their bags by Thursday 22 September.
- There will be 52 bags delivered to each property – one for each week for the 12 months from the start of October.
- Delivery trucks will follow a route mapped to be the most efficient. On some streets, the truck might deliver to properties on one side but not deliver to the other side until later.
- If the rubbish bags will not fit into your letterbox and there is no safe place to leave them, a non-delivery card with a unique ID number will be left. Please bring this with you to the Civic Centre, or a library and service centre in Waitara, Inglewood or Bell Block, to receive your rubbish bags.
- If your neighbours have received their rubbish bags but you have not, please wait until the next day to phone or email the Council – 06-759 6060, email@example.com – as your property’s delivery might be scheduled for later in the day.
- If you have not received your bags and you are not sure if your neighbours have, please wait until Monday 26 September before contacting the Council as your suburb might not have been delivered to yet.
- If you do not have a letterbox, please come into the Civic Centre or a library and service centre from Monday 26 September with proof of address to collect your bags.
- Taking rubbish bags from another person’s letterbox is theft. Please report any incidents to the police.
- Any stolen bags should also be reported to New Plymouth District Council by the end of November. Up to that date, the Council will replace the bags if you have proof of address.