Reporting a food safety concern
Complaints about food for sale can be investigated. Examples of food complaints are:
- You find foreign objects in food.
- Food has incorrect or misleading labelling.
- Food is being sold past its use-by date.
- You suspect there is an undeclared allergen in the food.
- You are concerned about the cleanliness of the premises.
- You are concerned about the manner in which food is stored.
- You have food hygiene concerns.
- There are odours coming from a food premises.
- There are food safety issues.
- There are no or incorrect licences displayed.
Please contact us with your concerns.
Reporting suspected food poisoning
Foodborne illness, or food poisoning, is the name for the illness caused by eating or drinking contaminated food or drink. Most is caused by harmful bacteria getting into food.
If you, your family or friends become sick, seek medical attention from a doctor.
If you suspect the cause of an illness is connected with food that has been purchased you can report this to the Taranaki District Health Board's Public Health Unit. Contact them on 06-753 7798 or email email@example.com