E-waste recycling depot
The Junction on Colson Road, New Plymouth correctly disposes of all e-waste, recycling all reusable material..
Where: The Junction, Colson Road.
Hours: From 10am to 4pm from Tuesday to Sunday.
Charges list (2021/22)
- CRT TV, CRT monitor: $25.
- Flat panel TV: $15.
- LCD computer monitor: $13.
- Desktop computer, server, UPS, keyboard, docking station, DVD/VCR player, stereo speaker: $5.
- Laptop computer, modem, switch, router, computer speaker (per unit): $6.
- Small printer, scanner, fax machine (<0.05m3): $18.
- Small photocopier (<0.5m3): $50.
- Alarm clock, camera, heater, fan, microwave, stereo amplifier, gaming console: $8.
- Vacuum cleaner: $13.
- Dehumidifier: $25.
- Washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, oven: $10.
- Other items – price on application.
**Note, prices are subject to change.
See www.e-cycle.co.nz for more information about e-waste.
If your unwanted computer equipment, printer or fax still has life left in it you could sell it or give it away:
Note: Delete all personal data from your computer before disposing it. If in doubt about how to do this contact a local computer service shop.
Large businesses and government agencies have the option to insist that their suppliers take back unwanted equipment.
You can also contact E-cycle directly to arrange recycling of commercial quantities of e-waste at www.e-cycle.co.nz.
If you have an unwanted photocopier, contact the manufacturer, e.g. Fuji Xerox, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Canon, as they may be willing to collect it for refurbishing or recycling. There might be a cost depending on location, age of machine, etc.