Streets for people survey
Thanks to everyone who took part in the Streets for People survey asking about how you found our streets during lockdown. We had 140 responses with
- 45% saying they felt a lot safer on their streets than usual while in lockdown.
- 68% saying the quality of footpaths was very important to people.
- 49% of people surveyed preferred to have lots of greenery on their streets.
- 65% thought it is very important that people are able to move about easily however they choose (car, bicycle, scooter etc).
- An overwhelming 75% wanted the ability to walk and cycle easily and safely.
Perhaps there is a small piece of silver lining to this lockdown. Kids feeling the freedom that comes with travelling on two wheels.
Remember, make sure you’re safe on your bikes before heading out with your children. You can find some useful guidance on our Ride page.