There is ample parking at New Plymouth Airport and no charge for the 20 minutes. You can pay for your parking by cash, EFTPOS or credit card.
|First 20 minutes||No charge|
$2 (to a maximum $16 per day)
$16 for one day
|Weekly rate||$80 per week|
|Lost parking ticket||$100|
Car Park Hours
The airport site opens approximately 45 minutes before the first scheduled flight of the day and closes approximately 30 minutes after the final scheduled flight of the day. Please call 0800 111 238 if you need to get your car out of the car park when the site is closed. There may be a charge for this service.
Paying for Parking
- When you enter the car park through the barrier arm, you will be issued with an entry ticket, or you can insert your credit card to use instead of a ticket.
- You can pay by cash, EFTPOS, or credit card at one of the pay machines before exiting the car park, or pay by credit card at the exit gate.
New Plymouth Airport has general aviation facilities for private planes and helicopters, including hangers and refuelling services (BP). The airport has three runways in regular use.
- A sealed runway 1310m long, 45m wide, designation 05/23.
- Two grass runways.
- 1000m long, 30m wide, designated 05/23.
- 1200m long, 40m wide, designated 14/32.
Aircraft landing charges
GA Aircraft under 1500kg MCTOW
|GA Aircraft under 3000kg||$15 +gst|
|GA Aircraft over 3000kg||$40 +gst|
|Rotary Aircraft||$10 +gst|
Note: Charges will apply for the use of the main apron, terminal and overnighting on the main apron. There is no facility to pay on the day. An invoice will be posted to you at no extra cost.