Sanders Gates were built in 1938 using money from a bequest from Charles Score Sanders, a friend of the Park who established Ngaere Gardens in Stratford.
Queen Elizabeth II Fountain
Located in Fountain Lake, the 228-jet fountain with its 15-metre high floodlit plumes was installed in 1955 to commemorate the visit of Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh. It may be operated by a nearby push button.
Located near the Gilbert Street entrance and beside the children's playground, the waterwheel was originally recovered from the Omata Co-operative Dairy Factory and installed as a centennial project in 1976. It was replaced with this replica in 2005.
Mishima Torii gate
Located at the top of the Japanese Hillside, the traditional torii gate was a gift from New Plymouth's Japanese sister city, Mishima in 2001.
The artificial waterfall is located between the Hatchery Lawn and the Main Lake. It represents the Waiwahakiho River in its passage from its turbulent beginnings on Mount Taranaki/Egmont. The waterfall comes to life at night with colourful lights.
The band rotunda was built in 1891 making it one of the oldest rotundas in the country. It is located at the base of Cannon Hill overlooking the Main Lake and next to the Jubilee drinking fountain.
Jubilee Drinking Fountain
Close to the rotunda, the marble fountain was erected to mark Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee in 1897 and is still functional for thirsty park visitors of today.
Poet's Bridge is located at the narrow point between the Main and Upper Lake of Pukekura Park. It was opened in 1884 and served the park until deterioration caused it to be replaced just before the Second World War. Its colour scheme is based on the famous red lacquer bridge at Nikko, Japan.
Water Lily Lake and Aotearoa Sculpture
Located at the Bowl of Brooklands, Water Lily Lake was formed during the 1890s by damming a stream to form the lake which now features artist Michael Smither's sculpture, Aotearoa.
Brooklands Park Fireplace
The Brooklands Fireplace is the only surviving remnant of Captain King's home that was burnt down during the first Taranaki War of 1860. It is typical of those in English farmhouses of the 1840s with its huge open fireplace and massive iron bar with a smaller baking oven in the back wall.
The Gables Colonial Hospital
One of New Zealand's earliest surviving crown health enterprise, the Gables Colonial Hospital was built in 1847 on Mangorei Road. In 1904 Mrs Mary King had the then derelict building moved to its current location at Brooklands Park. In 1985, it was extensively restored to become the Taranaki Arts Society gallery. It is popularly known as 'The Gables'.
Kunming Garden Moongate
The Moongate at the entrance to Kunming Garden, is a circular opening in the garden wall that acts as a pedestrian passageway. The Moongate is a traditional architectural element in Chinese gardens. The materials for this structure were imported from China as part of the gift from New Plymouth's sister city, Kunming in 2005.
Kunming Garden Spring Pavilion
The Spring Wind Pavilion sits in the middle of Kunming Garden. 12 Chinese craftsmen and 34 tonnes of timber, stone and carvings shipped over in two containers from Kunming City in China, created this beauty. The structure was made without powertools or using nails or screws.
Cannon Hill was named for the two cannons that were displayed near the summit from 1884 to 1928. The so-called Dicky Barrett cannon is now part of the Puke Ariki collection. The first ceremonial tree plantings were made around the hill in 1876.