Alert Level 2
- TEAC will be open for squad training, public lane swimming, aqua jogging and the fitness centre only from Friday 10 September under level 2 rules.
- We are going to start swimming lessons again in term 4 if we are still at level 2 with some restrictions in place. Swimming NZ have the following level 2 guidelines which we are following: Instructors can be in the water - Close contact between teacher and student is allowed, physical distancing requirements do not apply to learn to swim classes - No poolside warm-up gatherings - Changing rooms should be used for toilet only, not changing and showering - 1 parent/caregiver poolside, where possible (over8's parents can wait outside the building, ensuring physical distancing.
- To book in for a one hour session for lane swimming, swimming lessons or aqua jogging call 7596060 and ask for the aquatic centre between 8.30am and 5pm.
- Bookings are essential for pool sessions, without a booking there will be no entry allowed. One hour per day and up to four bookings per week are allowed per person.
- We recommend arriving ready in your swimwear so you don’t need to use the changing rooms if possible. Please exit the pool immediately when your session is finished.
- 2m distancing is required at all times in all areas of the facility.
- Every person must scan the Covid QR tracer code or register in the contact tracing book at reception.
- Face masks must be worn when not in the water or exercising in the fitness centre.
- There will be no aquarobics classes or 50’s Forward classes.
- The fitness centre will be open with a restricted number of up to 10 people at a time. No bookings are required to use the fitness centre but if the maximum limit is reached no further people will be permitted.
- The spa pool, toddlers pool, sauna and steam room will all remain closed at level 2. There will also be no recreational swimming during level 2.
- No spectators are allowed. A caregiver or support person is allowed if required.
- Any swimming lessons missed will be credited and any membership will be extended for the amount of time we were closed.
The Todd Energy Aquatic Centre is located at 8-10 Tisch Avenue, right on the New Plymouth walkway.
Car parkingThere is plenty car parking close to the aquatic centre, with mobility parking directly in front of the entrance.
Pool Opening Hours
The pool is open 5.30am - 8.15pm Monday - Friday and 7am - 6.45pm weekends and public holidays. Closed Christmas Day.
Phone number: 06-759 6060
Main pool: Wave machine, water features, eight lanes, tarzan rope and inflatable toys.
Temperature 28 degrees. Depth: 0.0 - 2.1m, length 25m.
The wave machine operates on weekends, school holidays and public holidays between 10.30am - 4.30pm.
Tots pool: We have a special area for our smaller swimmers. The tots pool features bubbles and a small slide.
Temperature: 32 degrees. Depth: 0.3-0.5m.
Spa Pool and Sauna
Spa pool: Come and relax in our large spa pool. Use of the spa pool is included with your swim entry.
Temperature 37 degrees.
Sauna and steam room: Our sauna and steam room is available to customers over 14 years. The sauna has recently had a spruce up, come and check it out.
Age limit: 8 years and over
Cost: $4 for an all day pass
Open: 10.30am - 5pm weekends, school holidays and public holidays. The slides can be operated on weekdays for groups of 10+ to arrange please contact us.
We have two hydroslides, a family slide and a turboslide located within the indoor complex.
Open: Saturday 24 October (Labour Weekend) to Sunday 2 May 2021.
Main pool: Seven lanes. Length 50m. Depth 1.1–1.4m.
Learners pool: Depth 0.8m.
Tots pool: Depth 0.3m.
Dive pool: Depth 3.9m. Two diving boards 1m and 3m high.
Seating: Shaded seating, terraced seating, picnic tables, sunloungers, playground and a grassed area.
Monday to Friday: 6am - 8.15pm
Weekends and public holidays: 7am - 6.45pm
Our fitness centre has a great selection of weights and cardio equipment, helpful personal trainers and group fitness classes.
Learn to Swim
We offer learn to swim classes for babies through to adults. You can take our excellent group classes or sign up for one to one lessons. Learn to swim classes run during term time and in school holidays.
We have lots of programmes at the aquatic centre to get you into the water and moving. You can try aquarobics, our 50s forward exercise classes, swim coaching and Tamarind water safety.
Toa Kaukau Swim Shop
Our great retail space, Toa Kaukau is open! This is New Plymouth’s only dedicated swimwear outlet with top brands such as, Adidas, Arena, Funkita, Funky Trunks and Spank.
Our café is open seven days for fresh food, coffees and delicious ice cream.
Child Safety Ratios
We have child safety ratios in place to keep everyone safe. Children under the age of eight must be actively supervised by a caregiver 16 years or over and children under the age of two must be within arm's reach of a caregiver 16 years and over at all times.
Active supervision means watching your child at all times and being able to provide immediate assistance.
Ratios apply 10.30am - 4.30pm on weekends, public holidays and during school holidays.
Children aged under 2 years – one adult/caregiver to one child.
Children aged 2-5 years – one adult/caregiver to two children.*
Children aged 5-8 years – one adult/caregiver to four children.*
Caregivers must be aged 16 years or older.
*Coloured wristbands will be allocated.