Brooklands Zoo is a FREE, family focused zoo which is home to a diverse variety of species including farmyard animals, reptiles and amphibians, meerkats, Bolivian squirrel monkeys, capuchins and cotton-top tamarins as well as a selection of colourful birds housed inside a walk-through free-flight aviary. We have more than 113,000 visitors annually and look forward to seeing you!
Location: Brooklands Drive, New Plymouth or walk from the city centre through Pukekura Park.
Hours: 9.30am - 4pm (closed Christmas Day).
Alert Level 2 Update:
Brooklands Zoo will reopen to visitors on Thursday, 9 September under the safe working rules for Delta Alert Level 2.
There will be changes to the way we operate as we continue to Play it Safe:
Our opening hours remain unchanged from 9.30am to 4pm.
- Visitors to our zoo must scan or sign in, wear a mask and keep 2 metres social distancing.
- We’ll manage visitor numbers so we can stick to the social distancing rules
- Thanks in advance for being patient and respecting our staff who are doing their best to keep everyone safe.
- One-way entrance and exit areas are in place including around some of our animal habitats.
- Public programmes such as Keeper Talks, the barn building and our free-flight aviary remain closed.
- We’re asking everyone to keep at least 2 metres from people you don’t know.
- Additional barrier fencing is in place as some of our animals may be susceptible to human viruses – thanks for keeping your distance and helping them stay healthy.
- You should stay at home if you’re feeling unwell.
- The Wonky Cone will be reopening for limited hours on certain days – keep up to date through their Facebook page.