Brooklands Zoo is a FREE, family focused zoo which is home to a diverse variety of species including farmyard animals, reptiles and amphibians, meerkats, Bolivian squirrel monkeys, capuchins and cotton-top tamarins as well as a selection of colourful birds housed inside a walk-through free-flight aviary. We have more than 113,000 visitors annually and look forward to seeing you!
Location: Brooklands Drive, New Plymouth or walk from the city centre through Pukekura Park.
Hours:10am - 4pm
Facilities: Wheelchair and pushchair access, playground (with a sun shade during the summer months), toilets and picnic tables.
Brooklands Zoo will be open to the public from Wednesday 20 May, we can't wait to see you again.
There will be changes to the way we operate as we continue to Play it Safe under the alert level 2 rules:
- Our opening hours are temporarily changed to 10am to 4pm.
- There are multiple cleans each day.
- Public programmes such as Keeper Talks, and the free-flight aviary remain closed.
- One-way entrances and exits are in place around the capybara enclosure and the farmyard/barn.
- Water fountains will not be available.
- We’re asking everyone to keep at least 2 metres from people you don’t know.
- We need your details for contact tracing.
- You should stay at home if you’re feeling unwell.
- Visiting groups can’t be larger than 10 people.
We are part of the Toyota Kiwi Guardians program, an activity programme for kids to learn about nature, earn cool rewards and go on epic family adventures.
Download the Brooklands Zoo adventure map and check out what you can do.
Look out for the Guardian Post when you get to the zoo. On it you'll find a special code word - write it down.
Fill in the form on the Kiwi Guardians website with the code word to receive a Kiwi Guardians certificate and medal for this adventure. Put the medal on your back pack or pencil case to show everyone the adventure you've had!