Expressions of interest: District Licensing Committee
Great decision-making skills? Former alcohol licensing experience? We are calling for applications from persons interested in making alcohol licensing decisions to be part of New Plymouth District Council’s District Licensing Committees.
The roles in the Committee are:
- Licensing Committee Member
The District Licensing Committee has responsibility for all local decisions on applications made under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012, including:
- premises licence applications – new,
- renewals, variations
- new applications and renewals of manager’s
- applications for temporary authority
- special licences variations, suspensions and cancellations.
NPDC is keen to reflect the diversity of the community it serves and encourages applicants who can demonstrate:
- knowledge of alcohol licensing and the legal framework
- an understanding of the impact of alcohol-related harm on communities
- highly developed analytical and decision-making skills
- experience applying legislative and regulatory frameworks
- knowledge of and familiarity with the conduct of public hearings
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- the highest standard of professional and personal integrity.
DLCs are quasi-judicial committees of Council with decisions being appealable to the Alcohol Regulatory and Licensing Authority. It is preferable that applicants for a Commissioner have demonstrable experience in writing decisions in a legal context.
Please find position descriptions for each of the roles below.
Applicants should demonstrate how their ability to make decisions on alcohol matters and their experience of hearings processes will benefit NPDC's DLC.
Applications close on Friday 2 October 2020 at 4pm.
Applications should be made to:
New Plymouth District Licensing Committee
C/- Governance Team
Private Bag 2025
New Plymouth 4340
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org