Closed: 5pm Wednesday 14 October 2020
Under the Gambling Act 2003 and the Racing Industry Act 2020, every council is required to develop a class 4 Gambling Venues Policy and a TAB Venues Policy. In developing these policies, NPDC must have regard to the social impact of gambling within the district.
Councils may also consider the following when developing these policies:
- The characteristics of the district and parts of the district.
- The location of kindergartens, early childhood centres, schools, places of worship and other community facilities.
- The cumulative effects of additional opportunities for gambling in the district.
In addition, Council may consider the following when developing a class 4 gambling venues policy:
- The number of gaming machines that should be permitted to operate at any venue or class of venue
- How close any venue should be permitted to be to any other venue
- What the primary activity at any venue should be.
These policies must be reviewed every three years.