Status: Approved by the Council on 21 February 2006. Reviewed 2012.
As a matter of policy, the following principles shall apply to advertising signs on reserves:
1. No permanent advertising of any kind shall be permitted.
Long Term Advertising
5. Clubs or codes which have an established tenancy on parks and reserves may negotiate acknowledgement of sponsorship for agreed extended periods, subject to the following conditions:
a) The organisation can prove substantial sponsorship from the advertiser.
b) The aesthetic values of the reserve are not unduly downgraded.
c) That all proposals are submitted in writing, with professionally prepared sketches, for the approval of the Manager Parks and Recreation Assets.
d) All signage will be professionally designed and executed and subject to the approval of the Manager Parks and Recreation Assets.
e) Advertising on a wall or fence may be permitted on the above basis, provided that the signage states that the primary message indicates the club or code name. The balance of the sign can then display a sponsor’s name and logo, e.g. “Taranaki Marbles Association proudly sponsored by XYZ Fruiterers”.
f) All signage must be fixed to either a fence at the main entrance or to one wall of club buildings as determined in consultation with the Manager Parks and Recreation Assets. Free standing signs will not be permitted. Signs on fences will be a maximum of 3m² in size and will not extend above height of the fence. Building signs will be affixed to one wall only, as above, and will not exceed 10 per cent of the wall’s area.
g) As an alternative to (e) advertising by a significant sponsor may be displayed on a structure such as a scoreboard, but will not exceed 10 per cent of the inward face.
h) It is the intention of this policy to limit the acknowledgement of sponsorship of a code or club to one sign on the code or club’s home ground or reserve.
i) Whilst the above guidelines cannot be exceeded, tougher sponsorship policies can be defined in a Reserves Management Plan.
j) The use of naming rights shall be regarded as advertising, subject to the principles and policies of this report.
k) Notwithstanding the policies above, the Taranaki Racing Club shall be allowed to:
6. Erect up to two information signs (including advertising) at the entrance (southern end of reserve on Coronation Avenue) to a design, size and construction to be determined by the Manager Parks and Recreation Assets.
7. Erect up to six signs (advertising only) on the open space at the northern end of the reserve on Coronation Avenue to a design, size and construction to be determined by the Manager Parks and Recreation Assets.
8. Erect up to two signs information (including advertising) at the southern end of reserve on Coronation Avenue to a design, size and construction to be determined by the Manager Parks and Recreation Assets.
Replaced P00-023 (30 October 2000).
Paragraphs 2, 3 and 4 revoked 12 April 2001.