Our Back on Our Feet plan is helping businesses hit by the Covid-19 economic storm.
The package of projects worth about $20million, including funding to keep our CBD buildings looking good.
If you have a building in central New Plymouth, Inglewood or Waitara, you can apply for:
- Façade Enhancement Fund help to do up the outside of your building, or;
- funding to look at outside, structural or interior works and keep work and money coming in for architects, and surveyors and other building professionals. For more information, email the CBD Facilitator on email@example.com or call 06-759 6060.
Facade enhancement fund
The fund helps property owners or tenants in the CBD areas of New Plymouth, Inglewood and Waitara to improve the frontage and/or signage of their building. It is designed to enhance the vibrancy and character of CBD areas so they’re more attractive to shoppers and to potential tenants.
Grants are available for well-designed improvements that can help maintain a building. They can help pay for:
- colours must be in keeping with the era of the building and approved by NPDC,
- street art on buildings will be considered if a mock-up design is provided,
- signage must be in keeping with the building design and approved by NPDC.
- restoration of architectural details and masonry work,
- fire escapes, awnings/canopies and shutters,
- verandas, outside stairs, cleaning of the walls and roof.
- Removal of unsightly features that do not fit the style of the building
- Installation of decorative lighting, verandas and appropriate architectural features.
The building must be located in the New Plymouth city centre or in the town centre areas of Inglewood or Waitara.
- The owner/occupier should contribute at least one third of the total project cost.
- At least two quotes must be provided.
- Priority will be given to applicants that have not had grants from this fund before.
We will also consider the attributes of the building, its location, occupancy and the urgency of the work.
Owners of heritage buildings must first seek funding from the Built Heritage Fund. It this is granted, they cannot apply to Façade Enhancement Fund.
Funding will not be given to work that is underway and/or finished.
Only one application per building, per year will be considered.
The work must be completed satisfactorily, an evidence report completed and signed off by an NPDC officer and all GST invoices provided before full and final payment is made.
The funding must be used within 12 months of approval.
- Applications can be made in the link below.
- Applications from tenants must have written approval and support from the building owner.
- Applications can be received at any time.
- Decisions are usually made in 4 to 6 weeks after receiving the application.
- Completion of work.
Once the work is finished a report must be provided documenting receipts of services and/or goods, and photographic evidence of the work completed. Any unspent funds must be returned to NPDC.