Triennial elections for elected members of local authorities throughout New Zealand, including New Plymouth, are to be conducted, by postal vote, on Saturday 12 October 2019.
The elections will be conducted under the provisions of the Local Electoral Act 2001 and the Local Electoral Regulations 2001 and will be undertaken by Election Services, under contract to New Plymouth District Council.
Elections will be required for the following positions:
- Mayor (elected ‘at large’)
- Councillors (14)
- New Plymouth City Ward (10)
- North Ward (2)
- South-West Ward (2)
- Community Board Members (16)
- Clifton Community (4)
- Waitara Community (4)
- Inglewood Community (4)
- Kaitake Community (4)
- Taranaki Regional Council Members (either 5 members from the New Plymouth Constituency or 2 members from the North Taranaki Constituency)
- Taranaki District Health Board Members (7 members elected ‘at large’).
The nomination period was Friday 19 July 2019 to noon on Friday 16 August 2019
Find below information made available to candidates.
|19 July||Candidate nominations open|
|20 July||Candidate information event|
|16 August at noon||Candidate nominations close|
|21 August||Public notice of candidates names|
|20-25 September||Voting documents delivered|
|12 October at noon||Election Day - voting closes|
|17-23 October||Declaration of results|
|October/November||Elected members' swearing in ceremonies|