Customer service charter
Our promise to you...
By working together, we will work smarter and help you achieve your goals.
We have developed this charter to confirm our promise to you on the service you can expect from us.
We promise that...
We will make it easy for you to deal with us.
- Whether you are calling to report a pothole or setting up a business, we will make communicating with us easy.
- We will deliver a one-Council approach when working on your requests and enquiries.
- If we are not able to provide you with the outcome that you want, we will explain to you the reasons why and where possible provide you with an alternative solution.
We will be responsible for the service that you receive from us.
- Your confidence in us to do things right is important to us.
- We will take responsibility for giving you the right information.
- We will let you know how long a service takes and keep our commitment made to you. If this changes, we will explain why and what will happen next.
We will treat you right.
- We want you to feel comfortable dealing with us.
- We will treat you with respect. We will strive to find balance between taking into account your individual circumstance and applying consistent service.
We will listen to you.
- Your feedback is important to us.
- We will listen to you and ask your views on how we can improve the way we do things.
Our Service Standards
- We take pride in the service we offer you.
- We recognise that when you contact us it is important. We want to be responsive in dealing with your requests and issues.
These service standards outline the level of service that you can expect when you contact us.
|Telephone calls via our contact centre||80 percent of calls are answered within 20 seconds.
90 percent of enquiries will be resolved at first point.
|In person||90 percent of enquiries will be resolved at first point.|
|Communication by mail, email and via website||We will respond to your correspondence within five working days with an interim or substantive reply.|
|Website||80 percent of customers (website users) are satisfied with the information on the website.|
||Based on Monday to Friday service: 80 per cent of enquiries and request for service posts will be acknowledged within one working day.|
As we work together you can help us by:
- Giving us the same courtesy as you would expect from us.
- Letting us know what you think of our service – good or bad.
- Letting us know when things change, e.g. your mailing address, circumstances regarding the request that you made or details of an application.
We would like to hear what you think of our service - good or bad. Your feedback will help us improve what we do. If you have had good service from us, let us know so we can do more of the same.
- We receive your feedback:
Post it to NPDC, Private Bag 2025, New Plymouth 4342. (Please download our Compliments and Complaints brochure)
Call us on 06-759 6060.
Fax it to 06-759 6072.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill in our online contact form
Visit us at the Civic Centre or one of our Library and Service Centres. We will respond to you within five working days.
- If you are satisfied with our response your complaint is resolved.
If you are not satisfied with our response a senior manager will investigate the matter and respond to your complaint.
- If you are not satisfied with our response you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Ombudsman or an appropriate authority (e.g. Building Authority).
Naturally your feedback is treated as confidential.