New Plymouth District Council is commited to providing a healthy and safe working environment for our workers and other stakeholders that come into contact with us and our activities. We are committed to doing all we can to ensure our contractors and subcontractors are safe and healthy whilst undertaking work on our behalf.
As a contractor, you will need to be able to demonstrate that you understand your duties under the HSWA Act and that you have process and procedures in place to manage work safely for your own staff, your subcontractors, and also council employees who may work along side you.
Pre qualification allows us (New Plymouth District Council) to understand how your business works, and allows you to understand our expectations with regard to Health and Safety at work
To complete the pre qualification process please follow the link below and create your company account. For further information on this process please see the system quick guide, available as a download from this page.
If you have any further queries, please don’t hesistate to contact one of the Health and Safety team on (06) 7596060.
How to access the portal
Water and Wastewater Connections Contractor Forms and Information
In addition to the Health and Safety pre-qualification forms above, all contractors who need to work on our Water and Wastewater network must fill in the following forms.
Please complete the application forms and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Approved Connections Contractor - Company application form
- Approved Connections Contractor - Personnel application form (Blue/Green Card)
- Approved Connections Contractor - Designated equipment list (Blue/Green Card)
- Hygiene standard specification for water supply
- Water, sewer and stormwater service connections policy
- Water and Wastewater Connections Contractor Approval Process
- New Plymouth District Council Bylaw 2008, Part 14 (as amended and readopted, September 2014) Water, Wastewater and Stormwater Services
- New Plymouth District Council Land Development and Subdivision Infrastructure Standard
- The National Code of Practice for Utility Operators' Access to Transport Corridors
- Drinking-water Standards for New Zealand 2005 (revised 2008)