The following venues are able to be hired for events:
You can also book a public park, reserve or hall for your wedding or special event. Some of our more popular spaces are:
- Audrey Gale Reserve (Merrilands, New Plymouth).
- Burgess Park Lawn.
- Centennial Park Reserve (near Paritutu).
- The Lookout, Rimu Glen and Redwood Glen at Lake Mangamahoe.
- Band Room Lawn, Fernery Lawn, Band Rotunda, Palm Lawn, Hatchery Lawn, Brooklands Park Lawn, the Bowl of Brooklands Stage, the Gables Lawn and Kunming Gardens at Pukekura Park.
- Waiwhakaiho river mouth.
Check out our online maps for all parks and reserves and hall locations.
How do I book?
Once you have a date and time in mind please use our online venue hire application form to make an enquiry about a venue.
What is the process?
Once we establish that the location you wish to use is available you will receive a venue hire agreement (see below for sample forms). When you have confirmed acceptance of the Council’s terms of hire by signing and returning the agreement together with the hire fee and any other sums payable, we will sign and return a copy to you and your booking will then be confirmed.
What will it cost? (2019/20)
The hire fee for a lawn or reserve (e.g. Hatchery Lawn, Audrey Gale Reserve) is currently $133.
Halls are charged at an hourly rate; please visit our venues for hire page for more information.
If you are hiring a hall, you will also be required to:
- Obtain public liability insurance. If you do not have your own insurance, you can obtain this through us on payment of a small premium.
- Pay a separate key bond.
We also reserve the right to require the payment of a refundable bond, dependent on the event.
Outdoor venue requirements
- If toasting, you must use plastic glasses.
- No marquee/tent pegs or similar are permitted to be used. We recommend sand bags or a similar weight.
- If you plan on using chairs then those with a bar-type bottom (as opposed to four feet) must be used to reduce turf damage.
- There is no vehicle access permitted beyond the car parks.
- If you require a key for your event then a separate key bond is required.
- Power is not available at all sites.
- Lawns and reserves are mowed depending on weather conditions and staffing levels so the area may not be mown before your event. Please note that catchers are not used on our mowers.
Can my event be bumped?
Yes, this may occur in certain circumstances. In particular, weddings and events held at the Bowl of Brooklands and surrounding areas are booked on the proviso that if a concert or large event comes to the Bowl, that booking will take priority and your booking may be cancelled. We will endeavour to provide as much advance notice as possible of any changes to a booking and will work with you to find an alternative venue.