There are 111 locations in the New Plymouth district for displaying street flags so you can promote an upcoming event or special occasion. Flag sites are positioned on street light poles in high profile locations through the central city and alongside main routes into the city. You can choose to book all or some of the flag sites, which are grouped into different zones.
To enquire about a booking or for more information around flag specifications, please email your contact details, an outline of the event, preferred flag locations and a date range for the flag display to email@example.com
We recommend that if you are manufacturing flags to display in the New Plymouth District, they be made to the following size: 1.75m high and 0.95m wide. If you already have the flags we can arrange a test fit of your existing flags to establish if they are suitable or not.
Flag sites are located are on both sides of the road, so if you are having flags made specifically to fit Flagtrax in New Plymouth, they can be manufactured to orientate a certain way. The most common type of flag is with the left hand side of the flag against the lamppost, showing the flag image to oncoming traffic, on the same side of the road. However if you wish to promote your event by having flags on both sides of the road facing the same direction, you can have flags manufactured that hang to the right hand side of the design.
All costs to manufacture and display flags are the responsibility of the person or organisation requesting the booking. We do not charge rental or booking fees for flag sites.
we use an approved contractor for the display and removal of all street flags, and the following charges apply (excluding gst):
- Install flag - $10 per flag
- Remove flag - $10 per flag
- Install flags on the 3 sites on Devon Street East - $250
- Remove flags on the 3 sites on Devon Street East - $250
Administration fee for bookings of:
- 1-11 flags, no charge.
- 11-40 flags, $150
- 41 – 111 flags, $300 (check: fees list says charged for both install and removal)
If you book the Devon Street East zone there is an option to exclude the 3 flags sites which incur additional costs to install/remove. Please advise at time of booking.
There are two locations in central New Plymouth where promotional banners can be displayed across the street. In each location banners are visible to traffic travelling in each direction and pedestrians.
- Beside the TSB Showplace, between 94 and 99 Devon Street West.
- Beside the Huatoki Plaza, between 18 and 21 Devon Street West.
To enquire about a booking, please email your contact details, an outline of the event, preferred locations and a date range for the banner display to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your street banner must fit the following specifications for it to be correctly and safely displayed:
- 9m long
- Between 1 – 1.4m high
- Top and bottom hems to allow for a 6mm wire rope to be threaded through, for securing the banner
- Eyelets along the top and bottom of banner, no more than 1m apart.
- Air vents:
- for banners between 1m – 1.2m high, there must be 2 rows of airvents a minimum of 800mm apart.
- for banners over 1.2m high, there must be 3 rows of airvents a minimum of 800mm apart.
All costs to manufacture and display banners are the responsibility of the person or organisation requesting the booking. There is a $90.60 administration fee for street banner bookings, which can be waived for bookings for registered charities or non-profit incorporated societies
NPDC uses an approved contractor for the display and removal of street banners, and the following charges apply (excluding gst)
- $395 per banner (covers display and removal)