11 August 2017
Tri New Plymouth Ltd has requested the closure of the following roads to conduct International Triathlon Union (ITU) World Cup Triathlon and Oceania Junior Triathlon Champs events in New Plymouth.
The application is being considered under Schedule 10 of the Local Government Act 1974. Written submissions about the closure can be sent to New Plymouth District Council by 4pm on Friday 25 August.
Submissions must be made on the road closure form, which is available online at newplymouthnz.com/submissions or by contacting the Council on 06-759 6060 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date and period of closure: from 7.30am to 5pm on Sunday 25 March 2018.
Roads to be closed, forming event cycle routes:
- Paritutu Road from Centennial Drive to Portview Crescent.
- Portview Crescent.
- Centennial Drive from Paritutu Road to Ngamotu Road.
- Ngamotu Road from Centennial Drive to Breakwater Road (SH 44).
- Breakwater Road from Ngamotu Road to Bayly Road.
- Bayly Road from Breakwater Road to Ocean View Parade (private road, Port Taranaki).
- Ocean View Parade (private road, Port Taranaki).
Roads to be closed, due to intersecting with the closed roads and no alternative exit available:
- Hakirau Street.
- Peace Avenue.
- Otaka Street.
- Breakwater Road from Ngamotu Road to the Port Taranaki entrance.
Affected roads, restricted access due to intersecting with closed roads:
- Centennial Drive from Rangitake Drive to Paritutu Road.
- Paritutu Road from Simons Street to Portview Crescent.
- Ngamotu Road from Scott Street to Centennial Drive.
- Findlay Street.
- Catherine Crescent.
- Pioneer Road.
- Rawinia Street.
- Moturoa Street.
- Harbour Street.
- Weston Street.
- Bayly Road from Breakwater Road (SH 44) to South Road.
- Breakwater Road from Bayly Road to Whitely Street.
Emergency vehicles will have unrestricted access at all times.Pedestrian access through the road closure area will be available at all times.