16 June 2017
Developing our district as New Zealand's lifestyle capital will take a team effort - and here's how you can get involved! The Mayor and Councillors have 10 proposed focus areas they would like your feedback on.
As a community, we want to have a conversation about these proposed focus areas for the next three years, which are underpinned by our 30-year plan called the District Blueprint.
The 10 proposed focus areas are listed below and each week we'll be focusing on a different topic:
- Zero waste by 2040 survey
- Water sustainability survey
- Waitara stormwater survey
- Thriving central city survey
- People-friendly district survey
- Coastal walkway extension survey
- East Port development - survey coming 1 July
- Flagship Infrastructure; refurbish TSB Stadium and Todd Energy Aquatic Centre.
- Destination New Plymouth.
- Iwi/Maori governance input.
Have your Say
This week's focus is on extending the Coastal Walkway from Bell Block to Waitara. Have your say and be in to win an iPad!
The next survey will be about the East Port development and will be here on 1 July.