You can now pay by credit card at the parking exit gate, and use your credit card at entry and exit instead of taking a parking ticket.
- When you enter the car park through the barrier arm, you will be issued an entry ticket, or you can insert your credit card to use instead of a ticket.
- You can either pay at one of the pay machines before exiting the car park, or pay by credit card at the exit gate.
As of the 12 February 2018 parking charges increased.
$2 (to a maximum $16 per day)
$16 for one day
|Weekly rate||$80 per week|
|Lost parking ticket||$100|
A day is a 24hr period from entry. The customer is charged $2 per hour up until the daily maximum. For the first day (24hrs) this is $16. The next charge will not commence until the 2nd 24hr period starts.
Car park hours
The main gate to the airport site is locked approximately 30 minutes after the final scheduled flight of the day and reopens approximately 45 minutes before the first scheduled flight the following day. Call 0800 111 238 if you need to get your car out of the car park when the site is locked. There may be a charge for this service.
New Plymouth Airport has general aviation facilities for private planes and helicopters, including hangers and refuelling services (BP). The airport has three runways in regular use.
- A sealed runway 1310m long, 45m wide, designation 05/23.
- Two grass runways.
- 1000m long, 30m wide, designated 05/23.
- 1200m long, 40m wide, designated 14/32.
Aircraft landing fee
- GA aircraft under 3500 MCTOW: $5 + GST
- Helicopters: $8 + GST
Note: There is no facility to pay on the day. An invoice will be posted to you at no extra cost.