We are reviewing our Class 4 Gambling Venues Policy and TAB Venues Policy and propose some changes:
Class 4 Gambling Venues Policy:
- Restrict where new gambling venues may be located.
- Introduce a relocation policy allowing businesses with gambling machines that require earthquake strengthening works to relocate to a new premise.
- Cap the total number of gaming machines that may be operated in Class 4 Gambling Venues in the district, excluding Waitara, to 320.
- Introduce a sinking lid policy for Waitara, until the total number of gaming machines that may be operated in Class 4 Gambling Venues in Waitara is reduced to 25. Once there are no more than 25 gaming machines permitted to operate in Waitara, the maximum number that may then be operated in Waitara will be capped at 25.
TAB Venues Policy:
- Restrict where new TAB venues may be located.
For full details and area maps please read the statement of proposal:
- Statement of proposal (includes policies and area maps)
Have your say
Use our online form to have your say!
Status: Submissions close 15 August 2017
Legislation requires us to review the Class 4 Gambling Venues Policy and TAB Venues Policy every three years, and that the review of these policies is done through the use of the special consultative procedure.
A Taranaki Regional Social Impact Assessment on Class 4 Gambling and Board Agency Venues was carried out in 2016, this helped to inform the development of the draft policies: