New Plymouth CBD
A 24-hour, seven day a week liquor ban operates in the New Plymouth CBD between Dawson and Eliot streets from the sea to Marsland Hill.
A 24-hour, seven day a week liquor ban is in place in the Waitara CBD between Whitaker Street and Brookes Terrace from the Waitara River to Cracroft Street.
Mt Bryan, East End and Fitzroy reserves, New Plymouth
From 1 November 2016 to 1 April 2017, a liquor ban operates from 9pm-7am Thursday evening to Sunday morning in the area between Eliot and Record streets. The ban area predominantly involves the public places and the Coastal Walkway section between these two streets.
In addition, the ban is operative in the same area from 9pm-7am the next day on Christmas Eve (24 December) and New Year’s Eve (31 December).
Pukekura Park – TSB Bank Festival of Lights
From 7pm to 7am the next day on every day of the festival, a liquor ban is in place in all of Pukekura Park.
Exemptions apply where an unopened alcohol container is brought in for consumption in the following areas:
- Areas of entertainment and lawn (excluding pathways and planted areas) immediately around the Hatchery Lawn Stage, the Fred Parker Lawn (near the Fernery) and the Boat Shed Lawn until 11pm on days when a Festival of Lights event is scheduled, and only in the lawn area of the scheduled event.
- Bellringer Pavilion.
- Sports ground (inside main gates) and surrounding grass terraced seating during scheduled cricket matches only.
Oakura Beach - New Year's Eve
A liquor ban will run from 2pm on 31 December 2016 to 2am on 1 January 2017 in the following areas:
- The public area bounded by the low tide mark to the north and the Otupotu Stream to the west.
- Shearer Reserve and public thoroughfares of Tasman Parade, Jans Terrace, Linda Street, Russell and Shearer drives and Kaitake, Ardern and Prudence places.
- Wairau Road from the sea to Telford Terrace.
- Messenger Terrace from Wairau Road to McFarlane Street, including Mallinder Place and the northern section of Pitcairn Street.
- The roadway through the Oakura Beach Holiday Park (excluding the camp itself and the New Plymouth Old Boys Surf Lifesaving Club).
Police checkpoints: Wairau Road and Messenger Terrace, Oakura. Vehicles entering this area during the liquor ban period will be subject to possible search and seizure of liquor.
Urenui Domain - New Year's Eve
A liquor ban will run from 6am on 31 December 2016 to 6am on 1 January 2017.
The ban area comprises the public areas of the domain, including the beach, grass areas and roads. This does not include holiday cottages and temporary living spaces (e.g. caravans).
Police checkpoint: Entrance road to Urenui Domain. Vehicles entering this area during the liquor ban period will be subject to possible search and seizure of liquor.